Operations & Maintenance
In 2013, WES Engineering, Inc. assumed operations and maintenance responsibilities at three community wind projects featuring Clipper Windpower 2.5MW turbines. Since this time, WES' emphasis on safety and quality workmanship has allowed us to transform our operations and maintenance division into a core business focus. WES currently operates and maintains a variety of wind, solar, and biodigester projects throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and Illinois. In addition to this broad base of experience, WES is an authorized service provider for Vensys 1.5MW and other direct drive wind turbines including the Northwind 100. WES' experience in project development provides an intimate understanding of the unique needs of community-scale energy projects.
WES is equipped with service vehicles, a comprehensive set of maintenance and specialized tools, and a staff of experienced renewable energy technicians. In addition to full-scope O&M arrangements, WES offers à la carte scheduled maintenance and special project services to fit your project's needs and budget. The staff monitors site operations, troubleshoots faults, sources components, designs component upgrades, monitors project performance, and tracks the project results monthly for our customers.
Scope of Services:
- Available for assisting other owners/operators on an as-needed basis
- Procurement services and inventory management
- Monthly reporting of operational and budgetary metrics
- Remote monitoring and reset of faults through SCADA
- Major and minor services including bolt torquing and tensioning
- Generator replacement
- Substation maintenance oversight
- Unscheduled maintenance- response within 8 hours weekdays