WES Engineering Inc. is a privately owned S Corporation headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin with twenty employees. The company was started in 2004 in Minnesota as WES Engineering LLC, and in 2010 became WES Engineering Inc. The company specializes in engineering and consulting for renewable energy project development and operations. WES Engineering has experience developing wind projects from 11kW to 100MW and is currently involved in operations related work on five Midwest wind projects with six Clipper 2.5MW wind turbines and two Vensys 1.5MW wind turbines, in addition to engineering and development activities. WES Engineering has overseen the design, permitting, and construction management of several wind projects now operating. Since 2012 WES Engineering has been involved in the development of nearly 20MW of wind capacity.
In keeping with our sustainable mission, WES headquarters are a showcase of cutting-edge technologies including grid-tied solar electric, off-grid solar electric, solar hot water, and a green roof.
Experienced Wind Turbine Technician
- Compensation: $29 to $33 Hourly
- Benefits Offered: 401K, Medical
- Location: Southwestern WI or southeastern MN (often reporting to shop located in Cashton, WI)
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Why Work Here: “Smaller company with flexibility and time off, we have smaller fleet of turbines, fewer days on road, most nights sleep in your own bed”
- Overview: The Wind Turbine Technician is responsible for the operations, maintenance, QA/QC Inspections, commissioning and/or repair of wind turbine generators, and some solar PV installations and repair. Clipper experience a plus, also work on several other designs including Micon and Vensys (Goldwind)
- Be responsible for the operations, maintenance, QA/QC inspections, commissioning and/or repair of wind turbine generators and PV solar systems in Midwest, WI, MN, IA and IL
- Troubleshoot complicated mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems including repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions